A Chat in 2023 with Mark Minevich: Global Thought Leader; Investor; Artificial Intelligence Expert; Author, #1 AI book - "Our Planet Powered by AI"; President and founding partner of Going Global Ventures
This week, Stephen Ibaraki has an exclusive interview with Mark Minevich.
MARK MINEVICH is a President and founding partner of Going Global Ventures, a digital cognitive and AI strategist, a global thought leader, an investor, and an artificial intelligence expert. Mark is an upcoming book author - "Our Planet Powered by AI": How We Use Artificial Intelligence to Create a Sustainable Future for Humanity by Wiley.
Mark is an award-winning technology-digital executive leader of AI, Digital Transformation, and CTO/CIO/CDO communities. Mark Minevich is a highly regarded and trusted digital cognitive Al strategist, artificial intelligence expert, global social innovation and technology executive, UN advisor, leading author and columnist, private investor/venture capitalist, and the principal founder and president of Going Global Ventures. Minevich advises the public sector, large global enterprises, and brands in the US, EU, Gulf Countries, South America, and Japan.
He dedicates innovation efforts and AI knowledge to amplifying capabilities and positively impacting climate change and social innovation agenda. Throughout his professional journey, he endeavoured to showcase how AI can bridge knowledge gaps, drive innovation, and lead humanity toward a brighter, equitable future.
Over the years, he has been engaged with various organizations and sectors worldwide, including prominent foundations in healthcare, education, and technology. He observed AI's transformative potential first-hand
- His insights on AI's potential and challenges have been recognized and showcased across platforms. He emphasized AI's potential as a tool for societal good, promoting a vision that transcends mere technological advancements.
- Working with industry leaders, government, civil society, and academia across the globe has enriched his perspective on AI's diverse applications and potential pitfalls. It's instilled in him the importance of a multi-stakeholder approach to AI governance.
- His upcoming book, "Our Planet Powered by AI," delves into AI's potential as a cornerstone for a sustainable and inclusive future. This book is not just about technology; it's about his belief in AI's potential to transform the world.
Mark is a co-founder and co-chair of the Al for the Planet Alliance steering committee in collaboration with UNDP, UNESCO, and Boston Consulting Group (BCG) as a knowledge partner based in Paris. Mark is currently a UN SME advisor/consultant to UNDESA-United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs - focusing on digital government. Mark is a Chairman of the executive committee of Al for Good Foundation. Mark serves on the executive committee of WorkingNation - an organization based in Los Angeles that seeks to galvanize the public will and mobilize critical resources to mitigate the growing employability gap in America.
Mark is a founding partner and chairman of Going Global Ventures (GGV), a New York- based investment, technology, and strategic advisory firm dedicated to leading high-growth tech clients to success in the global digital economy. GGV advises large global enterprises and brands in the United States, the European Union, South America, and Japan and collaborates with leading investment organizations and private wealth focused on digitalization and artificial intelligence.
Mark is a Special Senior Advisor for Bootstrap Labs- a pioneer in the realm of VC funds focused on applied Al based in Silicon Valley and advisory partner to Canadian Growth Investments. He serves as a trusted strategic advisor to the CEO and chairman of New York- based Amelia/IPsoft Inc., a leading AI Digital Labor- Enterprise AI company, including a trusted advisor to majority shareholder family trust. Mark is a senior and executive advisor to Artefact, a leading AI and Data consultancy company based in Paris and data sciences and engineering firms.
Mark is a private investor and a business advisor to Infosec Global, Corent Technology, Inc., and DarwinAl, among others. He was an early member of founding management teams for successful startups that attracted investment and created exits like ClubMom, VitaSave, and others. Mark also advises several venture capital and investment companies.
Mark previously served as Sr. Advisor for Boston Consulting Group and similar blue-chip consultancies.
Mark collaborates and advises large global enterprises in the United States, Japan and Gulf Countries. He is a senior advisor to Aramco in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on AI, Digital Transformation, and Sustainability. He advises Hitachi on disruptive technology, Al, and climate change in Japan. He is also on the sovereign national advisory board to AI Lab, Josef Stefan Institute, Saudi Data and Artificial Intelligence Authority (SDAIA), and the Institute for Artificial Intelligence of Serbia.
Mark was appointed as a World Economic Forum Future Council member in 2020 and is involved with WEF initiatives.
Mark was a member of the B20 with the G20 under the presidency of Indonesia and has been a leading member of the B20 digitalization task forces since 2016. Mark has served as a member of the B20 with the G20 during the Germany, Argentina, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Italy, and Indonesia presidency.
Mark is a senior fellow of the Council on Competitiveness in Washington, DC, and a senior fellow of the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils. Mark is the co-founder and founding chair of the Digital Pioneers Network and the AI Pioneers Circle, based in New York.
Mark has significant experience in venture capital and private equity.
He has served as venture advisor to Global Emerging Markets, an alternative investment group that manages a diverse set of investment vehicles, carrying a mature fund and portfolio of 24 applied AI companies.
Prior to this position, Mark was the vice chair of Ventures and External Affairs, as well as CTO at the Comrade Group, an international technology conglomerate. He also served as the CTO and strategy executive at IBM and held other management, technology, and strategy roles that entailed formulating investment tactics for venture capital incubation programs.
Mark was also involved with Research Board, a Gartner company and international think tank advising CIOs at some of the world's largest corporations, such as Deutsche Bank, the BTM Corporation, Geotek Communications, Qwest Communications, Comcast, and USWEB/CKS.
Mark is also involved in media and journalism and contributes to several publications, including Fast Company, Forbes, VentureBeat, WEF, Entrepreneur, Observer, TechCrunch, Information Week, CIO Magazine, and Cognitive World. His work has been cited and featured in articles and has appeared in Newsweek, Inc., CIO Magazine, Hitachi Review Japan, Telegraph UK, CNBC, and other influential media outlets. Mark is a respected voice in the tech innovation community. His knowledge has been cited, and his name has been featured in articles on an international scale. He has published 3 books and over 60 articles on AI, the Future of Work, Climate Change, Industry 4.0, and IoT.
Awards and Recognitions
Mark was named one of the top 20 most followed Influencers in 2021. Mark was recognized as one of the top 20 AI Influencers and Visionaries for 2021 and 2022. Mark Minevich was featured in a prestigious list of 50 Most Powerful AI Influencers in Engatica Magazine, alongside other highlighted influencers, researchers & experts in AI who are contributing to the AI space and guiding the next generation. Mark Minevich was also featured in the top 50 Brand Ambassadors in 2023.
Mark took the 22nd spot on the globally esteemed TOP 100 POWER LIST for innovation and technology alongside an incredible roster of industry pioneers and trailblazers. Each one has made a significant impact, and to be recognized with them is truly humbling.
Mark Minevich was inducted into the Hall of Fame and featured in Passion Vista, the quarterly hyper-lifestyle and business magazine featuring the latest Global Voice of AI and Digital Transformation.
Mark was recognized as a National Thought Leader for advancing the United States agenda by the World Business Angels Investment Forum, An affiliated partner of the #G20.
And Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (#GPFI).
Mark was honored to receive the Outstanding Artificial Intelligence Expert Award of Distinction by Foreign Investment Network, Power for Africa - International Trade and Investment Forum, New York, an initiative of former American President Barack Obama was launched in Tanzania.
Forbes named Mark one of the Leaders to Watch in 2017. He has received the Albert Einstein Award for Outstanding Achievement and the World Trade Leadership Award from the World Trade Centers and World Trade Centers Association.
Our Planet Powered by AI (2023)
Six Billion Minds (2006)
The CTO Handbook: The Indispensable Technology Leadership Resource(2004)
- President, Going Global Ventures, a New York-based investment, technology, and strategic advisory firm dedicated to leading high-growth tech clients to success in the global digital economy. GGV advises large global enterprises and brands both in the US, EU, South America, and Japan and collaborates with leading investment organizations and private wealth focused on digitalization and Artificial Intelligence
- Chair, Executive Committee, AI for Good Foundation, Berkeley CA based US foundation
- Co-Chair, Steering Committee, AI for the Planet Alliance collaboration with UNDP, UNESCO, and BCG as a Knowledge Partner
- Mark is currently a UN Advisor/Consultant to UNDESA- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs focusing on Digital Government
- Executive Chair, Digital Pioneers Network (DPN) is a community-based Think Tank of hundreds of artificial intelligence thought leaders, innovators, policymakers, entrepreneurs, and world-renowned experts
- Sr. Advisor to Boston Consulting Group BCG
- Shareholder Advisor, IPSoft/Amelia
- Advisor and Venture Partner, Canadian Growth
- Advisor to Hitachi Group on Artificial Intelligence
- Member World Economic Forum Future Council
- Member, B20 with the G20 (Germany, Argentina, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Indonesia) Leading member of B20 Digital Economy and Industry taskforces since 2016
- Senior Fellow, AI and Emerging Tech, Council on Competitiveness (USA)- Non- partisan leadership organization of corporate CEOs, university presidents, labor leaders, and national laboratory directors committed to advancing U.S. competitiveness in the global economy
Sr. Special Advisor to AI Lab, Josef Stefan Institute in Slovenia
- Industrial Advisory Board Member- The Institute for Artificial Intelligence of Serbia
- Co-founder and Board Member, AI Pioneers Forum (USA)
- Co-Founder - Billion Minds Foundation - a society of high net-worth individuals and entrepreneurs focusing on social impact
- Senior Fellow, Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils
- Former CTO, Global Strategy, Venture Capital, and Technology Business Executive IBM
- Former associate Partner, venture Partner, Board member and Advisor
- Global Emerging Markets Private Equity, Blackhawk Partners, AlphaMundi, GVA Capital, AI Capital, and Bootstrap Labs - Silicon Valley
- Early member of founding management team for successful startups that attracted investment and created exits such as ClubMom, VitaSave
- Former Chair of AI Policy and Digital Strategist - IRCAI International Research Centre for AI Under the Auspices of UNESCO and Former Senior Advisor for AI - UNOPS (USA)
TO WATCH THE VIDEO INTERVIEW, CLICK ON THIS MP4 file link