A Chat with Tamara Singh: Expert, Financial Systems, Digital and Sustainability; about the financial ecosystem and sustainability initiatives enabling sustainable organisations to scale, while championing impactful change
This week, Stephen Ibaraki has an exclusive interview with Tamara Singh.
Tamara Singh considers global systems and the nudges that may help to render them more sustainable, drawing on her expertise in Financial Systems, Digital and Sustainability. She enjoys a portfolio career that allows her to devote her energy to her profession and her passions.
Tamara spent the first half of her career in energy, financial services and fund management, governing trading floors in London, New York and Asia Pacific. Having earned her stripes at Centrica Plc, BP Oil International, Deutsche Bank and Macquarie Bank, she returned home to Singapore in 2012.
On home ground, Tamara served Westpac Banking Corporation and then her country. At GIC Pte Ltd, Singapore's Sovereign Wealth Fund, she contributed to digital transformation and sustainability initiatives, building relationships across the financial ecosystem worldwide, whilst supporting GIC's mandate for the nation. This ignited her to structure a portfolio career centred on enabling sustainable organisations to scale, while championing impactful change.
At present, Tamara works at all levels across industries to better the finance ecosystem and further enterprises through sustainable business practices. She holds Board positions with Conjunct Consulting, South East Asia's first social change consultancy, and the People Centered Internet, a 501(c)3 non-profit organisation. She coaches leaders of organisations and advises start-ups navigating sustainability and scale.
She leverages her experience and her degrees in Law and Applied Accounting to boost the organisations and causes she works with. Tamara attained her Executive Masters in Business Administration from INSEAD whilst heavily pregnant with her second child, which she confesses to being â€œefficient but not necessarily recommendedâ€�. She recharges through appreciating food and drink in excellent company, then exercising and dieting in solitude. She is devoted to her two young sons, who have stretched her out of her comfort zone and into efforts to master ball sports and patience.
2021 Thought Leadership
- "Gender Evasion", WSIS Forum Brainstorming and Knowledge Cafe
- "Paving the Way for Financial Markets 3.0", Business Times, Singapore
- COP26: UN Climate Change Global Innovation Hub, Panellist
- "CIX has a Change to Invigorate Carbon Trading", Tech for Impact
- "Asset Management in the New Normal", Infrastructure Investor, Global Investor Offsite 2021
- Global Digital Currency Forum 2021, Keynote
- "The Role of Cloud in Capital Markets", ASIFMA Tech & Ops Conference 2021
- Africa-Europe Science & Innovation Summit
- SME Finance Forum 2021, Opening keynote
- "New Approach to MSME Financing in Asia Pacific", OMFIF. Reproduced by the International Monetary Institute and Business Times, Singapore
- International Monetary Institute and Business Times, Singapore
- "What Female Leadership Looks Like in Asia", She's Got This Global Summit
- "Moving Beyond Climate Risk: Investing Into the 'S'â€�, Global Roundtable
TO WATCH THE VIDEO INTERVIEW, CLICK ON THIS MP4 file link